Fresh Box, “LOCAL ONLY” MEDIUM
*** Harvest Moon Pick-up Collaboration ***
small and large boxes also available – see “you may also like…” below.
TBA Order Deadline
Get in our collaboration with Harvest Moon Local Foods and help us spread the word. On the last week of June, July, August and possibly September & October (2018), Fresh Option will be packing special local-only produce fresh boxes and accompanying Harvest Moon to their 8 Winnipeg pick-up locations.
Click ‘order’ on this fresh box item, then in comments write your preferred pick-up location from the following:
- Fort Whyte Alive 5:00pm – 1961 McCreary Rd, in the Farm building
- South Winnipeg 5:30pm – 933 Summerside Dr, Trinity United Church parking lot
- St Vital 5:45pm – 81 Beliveau Rd and Dakota Street, Victor Mager School
- St Boniface 6:00pm – 614 des Meurons, LaVerendrye bowling lanes parking lot
- West Central 6:45pm – 545 Langside Street, Between Sargent & Ellice
- FUUD 7:30pm – 603 Wellington Cres, First Unitarian Church parking lot. Just SW of Maryland bridge
- South Osborne 8:15pm – 90 Ashland Ave, Riverview Community Club parking lot
- St James 8:45pm – 2003 Portage Ave, Patrick Realty Office at Linwood Street, just west of Sgt Sundae
* We will phone you to confirm your order, pick-up location/time, note any avoidances (allergies, dislikes) and get your credit card information.
The idea is in response to both organizations customer requests to connect local-eaters to a wider variety of complimentary sustainable foods. You can shop online at Harvest Moon’s website https://harvestmoon.localfoodmarketplace.com/Index and place an order from their 11 farms. Some but not all are certified organic or Local Food Plus. You can order pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork products, bread, grains and seeds, honey & beeswax candles, personal & pet care items, You then pick up your Local Only Fresh Box AND your Harvest Moon pre-paid orders together at one of the above listed pick up spots.
The Fresh Option LOCAL-ONLY fresh box includes a variety we select of local, seasonal fresh produce from several of Manitoba farms to highlight the best of the June harvest. We are offering 3 sizes (small, medium, large) of fresh boxes made exclusively of local produce, some certified Organic, some chemical-free ‘natural’, some hydroponic and greenhouse vegetables, herbs and occasionally even fruits gathered from family farms and longtime producer partners.
Availability of produce is affected by many variables, and is always subject to change. Here are some items we anticipate being able to include in the local-only box. The boxes are like a CSA in that you do not choose the contents, however you can let us know of any avoidances (allergies, dislikes etc) and preferred substitutions.
- Potatoes (Organic)
- Corn, sweet white (non-GMO)
- Squash, butternut (Organic)
- Carrots, purple (natural)
- Red onions (Organic)
- Mushrooms, white (Organic)
- Tomato, beefsteak (hydroponic)
- Green Bell Pepper (natural)
- Kale or curly green (Organic or natural, TBD)
- Cucumbers, pickling type dills (natural)
- “Zoodles” spiralized zucchini ‘noodles’ (Organic)
- Canary melon (natural)